Tips on Getting Faster at Swimming Newsletter
If you’ve gone though the basics of swimming improvement, i.e. drills, endurance, and speed work, and you have a basic grasp of what you need to be doing to be prepared for a triathlon swim, what else is there for swimming? The so-called “extras” include:
1. Learning how to flip turn. Everyone should learn to flip! It’s much better practice for open water swimming than continually stopping on each wall and turning around. Click here for a great video teaching the flip turn.
2. Building up your core strength on land. I recommend starting with yoga. We are going to get into that in the Tri Swim Secrets course in a couple of months. This will allow you to do things you never thought you could!
3. Learning other strokes. Do you train just freestyle? Consider learning the other 3 strokes, starting with backstroke. One, you may find back & breastroke useful in a race, and two, it is good to do a little swimming cross training to save the shoulders, and make workouts more fun!
Of course, prioritize your swimming first, but as you improve and advance in swimming, keep these tips in mind to tackle next!
“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow.”
Triathlon freestyle from the ground up!
Waterproof Drill & Workout Cards
Your virtual coach! 11 waterproof cards, conveniently bound together with a ring, each containing:
* A detailed drill complete with photographs to show correct form and technique.
* A specific workout to integrate each drill
* Special tabs so you can quickly flip to the workout or exercise even if you’re in the middle of
Southern California Swim Clinic
A reminder that I will be holding a swim clinic in Irvine, CA on April 25th, videotaping swimmers from underwater and providing reviews and tips individually. Check it out by going to the Active listing at: Tri Swim Coach April Clinic.
Tri Swim Coach